Book directly with us for the best price!
In 1681, the Annapolis property, now known as Gibson’s Inn of Annapolis was assigned to the First Naval Officer of the Port of Annapolis, Richard Hill. The original structure, referred to in 1691 as “The Old Courthouse,” unfortunately burned to the ground.
The existing 18th Century Georgian-style home was erected by Richard MacCubbin between 1760 and 1786. It was completely refurbished in 1905. The facade of the “Patterson House” reflects the Victorian influence on Annapolis architecture.
The Berman House was built in 1892 as a single residence but later purchased and restored by Cary and Aryol Ann Gibson who also owned and refurbished the Patterson House years prior. In late 1980 the Lauer House built by Lauer Construction became the 3rd edition to houses at Gibson’s Lodgings of Annapolis.
The Patterson House is where the Main Office is located. The house was originally constructed between 1760 and 1786. This house now features 5 guest rooms. The Patterson house has a spacious parlor and beautiful dining room that is perfect for relaxing or entertaining family and friends.
The Berman House was built in the 1890’s and features 9 guest rooms. The three ground floor rooms are pet friendly and one of the rooms is handicap accessible with a private outside entrance. There is a parlor located on the ground floor of the Berman House for family gatherings and entertaining. Guests who stay in the Berman House can spend time relaxing outside on the upper level porch that overlooks the Naval Academy. The Lauer House was built in 1988. The Lauer House features the largest guest rooms and suites. The Lauer House parlor and dining area can be reserved for group bookings.
As of February 2022, Gibson's Historic Inn is under new ownership. Our team's vision for Gibson's includes beautifully decorated rooms with luxurious appointments and 5-star service. Our crew is helpful, knowledgeable and committed to ensure that you have nothing short of a fantastic stay at Gibson's Inn.